Stroke in Women
Focused Updates in Cerebrovascular Disease: Stroke in Women
"This series of focused articles provides important updates on best practices for the prevention of stroke in women,” said Seemant Chaturvedi, MD, from the Department of Neurology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, and the organizing editor for the series. “This topic is of great public health importance since about 60% of stroke deaths occur in women. With the aging of the population, the toll of stroke-related disability and death will be substantial in women. Therefore, clinicians need to be aware of the optimal treatment strategies for stroke prevention in women."
- Stroke in Women: Recognizing Opportunities for Prevention and Treatment
- ￼Stroke Risk Factors Unique to Women
- ￼Preeclampsia: Association with Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome and Stroke
- ￼A Focused Update of Sex Differences in Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) After Stroke
- ￼Impact of Conventional Stroke Risk Factors on Stroke in Women: An Update