Please follow these guidelines for prepring revisions. Contact the Editorial Office with any questions.
- In the top right-hand corner, indicate the manuscript number followed by R1 to denote a first revision.
- Please provide a copy of the revised text with changes marked in the text using either track changes or highlighting.
- In your written response to the reviewers' comments, give the page number(s), paragraph(s), and line number(s) where each revision was made.
- Respond to each referee's comments, indicating precisely the changes made in response to the critiques. Also give reasons for suggested changes that were not implemented, and identify additional changes made.
- April 5, 2017: ONLY for Basic Science submissions: Upload a Visual Abstract PDF as Supplemental Material. This is a separate PDF from any other Supplemental Material file.
- Revisions not received within 60 days from the date of the decision letter will be administratively withdrawn. For further consideration the manuscript must be resubmitted de novo. At the editors' discretion, and in cases where substantial new data are required, extensions may be granted for revisions. In such cases, every effort will be made to retain the original reviewers.
- Upload signed Acknowledgement permission forms, if applicable. Please see the Acknowledgment Permission Form. (Note: The lead author is responsible for collecting these and indicating such on the Copyright Transfer Agreement or Licensing Agreement.)
- Authorship Responsibility and Copyright Transfer Agreement Forms (and Licensing Agreements for Original Contributions) are online only. Forms will be required prior to resubmission. The corresponding author selects the agreement type on first submission; please review and confirm your options amongst your coauthors. It is NOT possible to change publishing agreements after an article is published. Please notify the Editorial Office immediately if any changes are needed.
Instructions for Authors Menu
|Article Types||Tips for Submission|
|General Preparation Instructions||Costs to Authors|
|Research Guidelines||Journal Policies|
|How to Submit a Manuscript||Submit Your Manuscript Now|